To import a 3D asset into Kraken, put it and its referenced files (such as textures) into a ZIP file and upload it to Kraken. Follow these steps:
- Put the 3D model file and its referenced files in a ZIP file.
In most cases, you can put the model file in a folder and put that folder in the ZIP file, or you can put the model file in the root of the ZIP folder. Depending on the type of model, you put the referenced files in the same folder as the model file or in a sub-folder named “Textures.”
For specific instructions on how to organize the ZIP file for processing and details about how Kraken handles the files, see these pages:
- In Kraken, click the Explore module on the left side of the screen. From this page, you can search and preview assets.
- From the Explore Module, click the + New button at the top right of the screen.
- In the New Asset wizard, click Import 3D asset(s) and then click Next.
- Move through the next three pages. The tips on these pages provide information about how to organize assets in ZIP files for Kraken. The exact organization depends on the 3D application used to create your asset. Click any of the icons for the 3D applications to learn more.
- On the Import Content page, add the ZIP file with your asset, make sure the Enable Kraken Auto Ingestion checkbox is selected, and click Next. You can upload multiple Zip files at once on this page.
When your asset has finished processing, it appears in the library in the Explore module.
To learn more about importing assets, see Importing assets.